Fascinating M-Commerce Statistics for 2021
Mobile commerce is quickly outpacing traditional online shopping, and experts project the platform will continue its meteoric rise in the future.
Mobile commerce is quickly outpacing traditional online shopping, and experts project the platform will continue its meteoric rise in the future. Mobile commerce, or m-Commerce, refers to electronic transactions that occur through mobile devices. Since the vast majority of people have smartphones, it’s no surprise that many people switch from traditional computers to smartphones for their transactions. One of the major reasons why smartphones are so popular is their sheer portability. Today’s smartphone is more powerful and sophisticated than most laptops, and the combination of speed, accessibility, and sheer convenience makes them a natural choice for consumers (Source: Samsung Insights).
Additionally, there’s more free, accessible WiFi available than ever before, and data plans are far more comprehensive than they have ever been. Logging onto the internet is simpler and cheaper than ever, and plenty of people are getting their news, conducting business, and shopping right from the comfort of their smartphone. The digital revolution is undoubtedly here, and it’s only projected to get easier to connect online from your smartphone.
That’s why our team at Envisage Digital compiled a list of m-Commerce statistics to prove that you need to focus on your mobile presence to stay competitive and take your business to the next level. When you’re ready to move to m-Commerce and want a proven company to guide you, contact Envisage Digital. Jumping on this trend is easier than you think.
10 Key M-Commerce Statistics
- Mobile traffic is skyrocketing, with a 222% increase over the last few years
- 50% of internet searches worldwide come from smartphones
- Half of the consumers check prices online while shopping in a store
- The average American spends three hours online
- One out of every three people across the world owns a smartphone
- Two billion people made m-Commerce purchases in 2019
- Five billion people across the world own mobile devices
- Mobile banking is on the rise
- 57 billion people are online
- Smartphones are the most popular way to shop
What do you want to know?
- Understanding the Difference Between E-Commerce and M-Commerce
- Benefits of M-Commerce For Your Business
- More People Than Ever Are Getting Online
- One In 3 People Globally Own A Smartphone
- Two Billion People Made M-Commerce Purchases
- Mobile Banking Is On The Rise
- Three Big Vendors Have The Most Market Share
- Five Billion People Globally Own Mobile Devices
- Smartphones Are The Most Popular Way To Shop
- Mobile Banking Apps Are On The Rise
- More Than Half Of Consumers Compare Prices In The Store
- 50 Percent Of Worldwide Internet Searches Come From Smartphones
- Mobile Payments Are Gaining Traction Globally
- Shopping Apps Are On The Rise
- Apple Pay Leads The Market For Mobile Payments
- M-Commerce Is Expected To Skyrocket
- How Your Business Can Stay Competitive